On this page please see some fairly so-so attempts at my first attempt at sailing. I found it hard to point upwind, which I think was due to having the mast too far forward, and lacking a forward water ballast tank, the boat was timmed very far aft, thus producing a very aft center of lateral resistance
The sail was cut too flat and did not produce as much lift as I would like. The board was good to have but for low speeds, perhaps a lower aspect board is more appropriate. The narrow waterline beam of the dory meant that it is tricky to sail and really too tender to be a good boat, additionally windage of the boat is high especially compared to the sail area.
Since these photos were taken in early 2008, I have added another mast step further aft, added more body to the sail, and made the boat a multihull. The lugsail is simple and easy to use, being very forgiving, it comes down in seconds and is a good downwind sail too.